CIAO ITALIA: MY LIFELONG FOODS ADVENTURES IN ITALY SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Backyard Farms, LLC.
The BACKYARD FARMS® Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy Sweepstakes is a promotional giveaway, with a fixed number of prizes to be awarded over the specified Promotion Period (as defined below), in which participants qualify to win Prizes by using a website posted to the sweepstakes website (as identified below), or by mailing an entry to Backyard Farms (as described below). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: BACKYARD FARMS® Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2018, and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 30, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on November 30, 2018. Entries submitted past the expiration of the Promotion Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
- ADMINISTRATOR/SPONSOR: The Promotion is administered and sponsored by Backyard Farms, LLC. (“BYF” or “SPONSOR”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all other US territories) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children, and step siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related, of SPONSOR, and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and third party fulfillment or judging agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible to enter or win the Promotion.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion, an entrant (“Entrant”) must, via a standard web browser, visit www.10yearsoftomatoes.com (the “Website”) at any time during the Promotion Period and: (a) follow the on-screen instructions to register with SPONSOR by completing all required fields on the Website; and (b) electronically agree to the Official Rules. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on November 30, 2018. Upon completion of the entry, the Entrant will be automatically entered for a chance to win a Prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. If more than one (1) entry per natural person is received in a day, only the first entry received will be eligible for, and entered in, the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries made by, or associated with, the applicable Entrant. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an entry, the authorized subscriber of the email account provided in connection with the entry, as of the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries and information therein become the property of SPONSOR.Each Entrant, by entering the Promotion, agrees to abide by the terms of the Official Rules and the decisions of SPONSOR or its designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects. Should SPONSOR, determine, in its sole discretion, that any Entrant has violated any of the provisions in the Official Rules, SPONSOR shall have no obligation to award a Prize to such Entrant. SPONSOR reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or any federal or state, law, rule or regulation. SPONSOR reserves the right, in addition to the right to disqualify such Entrant, to seek damages and other remedies from any such Entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- There are a total of five (5) Prizes (“Prize”) each available to be won in the Promotion as follows:Five (5) Prize Winners (“Winner”) will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries then received, and awarded a Prize, each Prize consisting of: One (1) hardcover copy of the book Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy, signed by the author, Mary Ann Esposito. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize available to be won in this Promotion is $27.00 USD.A potential Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer Prizes, or redeem Prizes for cash, but SPONSOR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Further, SPONSOR reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prizes at its sole discretion. Additional restrictions may apply.
- PRIZE DRAWING: One potential Winner will be selected each week in a random drawing to be held on or about November 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th, and December 3, 2018 at the offices of SPONSOR, or a location designated by SPONSOR, from among all valid entries received up to the particular drawing date and time during the Promotion Period. Each potential Winner will be notified within thirty (30) days of the drawing date via phone, e-mail, direct messaging, social media account, and/or certified mail, as applicable to the nature of the potentially winning entry.The number of eligible entries received at the time of each drawing will determine the odds of winning the Prize.
In addition, the Winner of a final drawing to be held on or about December 3, 2018 (as described below) will also receive two (2) tickets to a hosted dinner, on or about December 12, 2018, that includes a book signing by Mary Ann Esposito, at the Epoch Restaurant & Bar, located at The Exeter Inn, 90 Front Street, Exeter, New Hampshire 03833. The Prize of this paragraph is limited to the tickets. A gratuity for the dinner is not included with the Prize of this paragraph. Travel and accommodation expenses are also not included with the Prize of this paragraph. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize described by this paragraph and available to be won in this Promotion is $150.00 USD. SPONSOR does not, and cannot, guarantee the attendance of Mary Ann Esposito at the dinner. Additional restrictions may apply.
If a potential Winner of a Prize either declines a Prize does not respond to the potential prize notification within seven (7) calendar days of such notice, or is deemed ineligible to accept a Prize, an alternate Winner(s) will be chosen in a subsequent random drawing to be held after the disqualification of the previous potential Winner. All Prize awards are subject to verification eligibility as determined by SPONSOR in its sole discretion and strict compliance with these Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/e-mail submitted to SPONSOR. By entering, each Entrant agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of SPONSOR, or its designated agent, which are final and legally binding in all respects. Each Entrant further agrees that Prizes are awarded upon the condition that the Entrants hold the Promotion Entities harmless from any and all injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons or property, including death, sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with or resulting from acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Prizes, or participation in this Promotion or participation in or travel to any Promotion or Prize-related activities. Entrants further acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Promotion Entities, users, entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the SPONSOR which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, SPONSOR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or any element thereof, and SPONSOR may conduct a random drawing to award the Prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of action requiring such termination. SPONSOR further reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify all individuals who tampers or otherwise interferes with the proper execution of the Promotion.
- USE OF INFORMATION: By accepting the Prize, the Winner consents to and gives SPONSOR, and any other party authorized by SPONSOR, the right to video and/or audio tape the Winner with the Prize, or during the Prize activity and to use, adapt, publish, develop and/or edit the Winner’s name, address (city, state or province only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical information and/or statements about the Promotion for publicity, advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the world wide web without review, notification or approval, and without additional compensation, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law.
- TAXES: All income, sales, use and other taxes (and the reporting thereof) imposed as a result of the award of a Prize and any other fees or costs associated with the Prize are solely the responsibility of each Winner. It is a Winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, state, province local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of a Prize. The Winner may be required to complete certain tax information reporting forms before or upon receipt of a Prize.
- GOVERNING LAW: By becoming and Entrant or otherwise completing the act of entering the Promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maine, and excluding any conflict of laws rule or principle that might refer the governance or the construction of these Official Rules to the law of another jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of Maine. Each Entrant submits and consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the district and circuit courts having jurisdiction in Madison, Maine, and acknowledges and agrees that such courts constitute the exclusive and proper venues and convenient forums for the resolution of any actions by any Entrant with respect to any claims arising out of the Official Rules, or arising out of the Promotion.
- SEVARABILITY: If any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein.
- AMENDMENT: SPONSOR reserves the right to modify the Official Rules at any time during the Promotion Period for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of the Official Rules, please visit: www.10yearsoftomatoes.com or send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:Rules – Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy Sweepstakes
c/o Backyard Farms, LLC
31 River Road
Madison, ME 04950.
- WINNER LIST: For a copy of the Winner List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:Winner’s List – Ciao Italia: My Lifelong Food Adventures in Italy Sweepstakes
c/o Backyard Farms, LLC
131 River Road
Madison, ME 04950.
The Winner List will be available after January 7, 2019.
Sponsor: Backyard Farms, LLC, 31 River Road, Madison, ME 04950